DOL DRIVING TEST
(also called Road Test)
Must have passed your DOL Written Test to sign up for this test
DOL Tests are NOT included in the 6 month course completion timeline. The DOL Written Test must be passed before you can schedule your DOL Driving Test.
The DOL Driving Test can be taken now or just before you are ready to apply for your license, or any time in between. It is up to parent and student to decide together when you are ready for your test. When making this decision, please keep the following timelines in mind:
1) The DOL Written Test score is valid for 2 years. If the license is not obtained within 2 years of passing this test, it will need to be taken again.
2) The DOL Driving Test score is valid for 1 year. If the license is not obtained within 1 year of passing this test, it will need to be taken again.
One attempt at this test is included in your course.
What happens if my student does not pass the DOL Driving Test the first time?
The test can be taken again at any time, there is no waiting period. We charge $60 for each additional try.
To schedule your DOL Driving Test: (Written must be passed first)
You will schedule this test in your DSS student portal account.
How do I schedule in the portal?
** Please keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours for the test to show up as an option. If you don’t see it right away, please check back.
I have an active DSS Student Portal account.
1) Click “Scheduling” on the left menu, then “Schedule My Road Test”.
2) If you don’t find the link, please text/email us to let us know and we will add it to your account.
3) Once you hear back from us that it’s ready to go, log into your account and try again.
I have not accessed my DSS Student Portal account.
1) Follow the link below and when you get to the login page choose “Forgot your login credentials?” and follow the prompts.
2) Once you’re logged in, click “Scheduling” on the left menu, then “Schedule My Road Test”.
3) If you don’t find the link, please text/email us to let us know and we will add it to your account.
4) Once you hear back from us that it’s ready to go, log into your account and try again.